Date:      Wed, 26 Nov 2008 14:09:04 +0000
From:      RW <fbsd06@mlists.homeunix.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: firewall rules for bitlord, yahoo, limewire

On Wed, 26 Nov 2008 21:40:27 +0800
Fbsd1 <fbsd1@a1poweruser.com> wrote:

> I have inclusive firewall rule set which means only packets matching
> the rules are passed through. The inbound hight port numbers are
> blocked by design.
>
> How do other firewall users code rules to allow limewire to work?

I don't use limewire, but for other p2p I define pf macros that list the
udp and tcp ports and and explicity allow incoming connections.

If you want to know what ports an application is listening on try
sockstat -l. I wouldn't expose them without tracking down what they do
though in case they are http, telnet, etc.