Date:      Thu, 22 Nov 2001 14:18:23 +0100 (CET)
From:      Marc Smits <marcs@support.euronet.nl>
To:        Frits Westra <fwestra@hetnet.nl>
Cc:        freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD on an IBM P75?

On Tue, 20 Nov 2001, Frits Westra wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> The last couple of weeks I've been browsing through many FreeBSD
> websites but I still can't make up my mind whether switching to
> FreeBSD is a good idea or not.
>
> This is the vintage pc that's available for FreeBSD:
>
> IBM PC330 (Pentium 75)
> 16 MB RAM
> 540 MB IDE HDD
> 33k6 Modem
> There is no CD player (yet)
> Currently it has Win95, which I want to remove.

Hello Fritz,

I started using FreeBSD a couple of months ago on a pentium 133, which
would work fine. If I would know how to operate properly.  According to
the Complete FreeBSD Handbook' it should even work on a 486 with your
specifications.

Please note that all graphical applications (as Netscape / opera) do use a
lot of CPU. And do not try the FTP-install through your modem :-)

Grtz, Marc

Wanadoo, http://www.wanadoo.nl/
Marc Smits, Wanadoo helpdesk
Muiderstraat 1; Postbus 11095, 1001 GB  Amsterdam
T +31 20 5355 666, F +31 20 5355 195, E marcs@support.wanadoo.nl