Date:      Tue, 29 Dec 1998 21:53:11 -0800 (PST)
From:      Doug Jolley <doug@footech.com>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        teresa@bryfi.com
Subject:   What's Bill Gates done to us now?

I'm running a network consisting of a FreeBSD-based server and
several Win95 workstations.  We use Samba to provide access to
FreeBSD file space.  I have just added my first Win98 work station.
All the networking works fine EXCEPT that we can't map file
space on the server from the Win98 client.  Win98 complains
that we aren't using the correct password.  We can log the
relevant user onto a Win95 client and map filespace just fine.
So, it appears that there is some relevant difference with
Win98.  I'm wondering if anyone else has encountered this
and what might be done to fix it.  Thanks for any input.

     ... doug