Date:      Wed, 18 Sep 2002 10:55:27 -0700
From:      Dave Hayes <dave@jetcafe.org>
To:        Terry Lambert <tlambert2@mindspring.com>
Cc:        Joshua Lee <yid@softhome.net>, Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>, benjamin@seattleFenix.net, freebsd-reply@akruijff.dds.nl, freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Stolen BSD code found in Linux kernel

Terry Lambert <tlambert2@mindspring.com> writes:

>> > What would say even more is if you knew that there was a clock
>> > rollover on the Linux uptime, and that a reboot was required to
>> > work around it.
>>
>> This is the Linux problem, not mine. Besides, I never claimed the
>> above to be "Terry Lambert" accurate, remember?
>
> It would be nice if the statistics which "say it all" for you
> bore any relationship whatsoever to the all you implied they
> were saying...

It wouldn't be "nice", it would be "Terry Lambert accurate".  "Nice"
would be you not being righteous just for -one- message. ;)

These statistics aren't wildly inaccurate, just inaccurate.  There's
some information there. There's a relationship there.
------
Dave Hayes - Consultant - Altadena CA, USA - dave@jetcafe.org

A philosopher called on Nasrudin and found him away from
home. Infuriated, he wrote 'Stupid Oaf' on his door. As soon
as Nasrudin got home and saw this, he rushed to the
philosopher's house. "I'd forgotten", he said, "that you
were to call. And I apologize for not having been at home. I
remembered our appointment as soon as I saw that you'd left
your name on my door..."