Date:      Sat, 1 Nov 1997 02:13:20 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>
To:        jamil@trojanhorse.ml.org (Jamil J. Weatherbee)
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: >64MB

> Why does the bootloader only report 64MB if you have >64MB
> you know right above the boot: prompt?

It reports what the BIOS tells it to report.

It reports less because the BIOS lies.

The value "right abouve the boot: prompt" is printed by the BIOS
(strange how it doesn't lie to itself ;-)).

Work on calling BIOS calls via VM86().  Get that working, and
dozens of people will be happy to correct the problem for you.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---
or previous employers.