Date:      Tue, 4 Apr 2017 12:44:21 +0000
From:      Microsoft Roaming <ms-roaming-data@outlook.com>
To:        "ports@FreeBSD.org" <ports@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        "ports@FreeBSD.org" <ports@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   FreeBSD Port: lzmalib-0.0.1_1

Hello All,

There is no  build issue with this port but when installed it causes a real=
 mess in all the port system
This is breaking build process in a very  lot of ports like libarchive, kde=
4-runtime=85 and many others.

This port creates a lot of bad =AB side effects =BB as tracking the source =
of error is not allways easy. Error reported is not allways directly linked=
 to lzma compression. For example, it took me some months  to understand th=
at KDE4-RUNTIME build failure related to this port=85.

I began to understand when libarchive port was updated and refused to build=
.

I have tried to rebuild libarchive with no lz4, lzo2 options, deleting thes=
es packages and also deleting lzma installed on my system =85 when lzmalib =
is installed compilation failed, and succeeds as soon as lzmalib is removed=
.

Causing a major side effects on a lot of ports, I think this port should be=
 marked as temporarily broken until conflicts are solved, or eventually rem=
oved.

Regards,
David

Provenance : Courrier<https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=3D550986>; pou=