Date:      Wed, 21 Apr 1999 10:51:50 -0400 (EDT)
From:      rdkeys@unity.ncsu.edu
To:        rdkeys@unity.ncsu.edu
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Need specs for small-medium FBSD based web servers

> I have the fun task of obtaining and setting up a pair of FBSD web servers
> for some local use.  One will mirror the other.  What I need are some
> suggestions or recommendations from the gurus as to what is a good machine.
> The guildern are at hand, and must flow shortly or else they be lost.
> So, I need to come up with reasonable specs by Friday.

> 7.  Backup is a must.  What are recommendations for tape backup systems that
>     are reliable and work well with FBSD?

Thinking of backups..... are CDROM driven backup devices at a sufficient
state of the art to be workable these days if level 0 dumps are not
required?  I can't offhand forsee that more than 600mb of data would
need to be backedup after the initial system setups.  Writing CD's
as backups, if sufficient spare buffer space was available to work
from, would seem like a potentially workable backup mode.  Anyone
doing this or are there any recommendations for this mode of backup
on FreeBSD?

Bob Keys