Date:      Fri, 26 May 2000 14:20:11 -0700
From:      Arun Sharma <adsharma@sharmas.dhs.org>
To:        Tadayuki Okada <tadayuki.okada@windriver.com>
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ports/18838: kdelibs2 - konqeror crushes with html file

On Fri, May 26, 2000 at 05:15:35PM -0400, Tadayuki Okada wrote:
> Sorry, my e-mail address was wrong.
>
> > See my earlier posts on the topic. You need -Wl,-export-dynamic in
> > your linker flags for konqueror.
> >
> >         -Arun
>
> Could you explain why it would solve the problem?
> I can't see the reason.

See my past posts for details. Basically, libkhtml.so finds some missing
symbols. Those symbols are in libgcc.a and linked into konqueror, but
are not available for dynamic linking.

> With your solution, can you connect to non-local site?

Some - like www.yahoo.com and ones which are on the local network.
But for most sites, I run into a kio bug that was talked about on
comp.windows.x.kde, that results in an error. I'm not sure if it's
fixed now.

	-Arun