Date:      Mon, 13 Feb 95 11:11:14 -0600
From:      jcargill@cs.wisc.edu (Jon Cargille)
To:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Network gurus:  How hard to split bandwidth across modems?

I've been wondering how hard would it be to convince FreeBSD to route
packets (possibly bound for a single host) across two different
point-to-point links as bandwidth is available?

The reason I'm wondering is that two 28.8 modems over POTS are quite a
lot more affordable than a leased 56K line these days...

I know NetBlazers can do this sort of thing; has anyone looked into
(or know offhand) what would be necessary to get this to work under
FreeBSD?  Would minor or major work in the networking code be
required?

Just thought I'd check whether someone has already investigated this
before I start...

Thanks for any info,

Jon