Date:      Wed, 2 Aug 2006 14:05:16 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "R. B. Riddick" <arne_woerner@yahoo.com>
To:        Miroslav Lachman <000.fbsd@quip.cz>
Cc:        freebsd-geom@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: gmirror Cannot add disk ad5 to gm0 (error=22)

--- Miroslav Lachman <000.fbsd@quip.cz> wrote:
> But how can I force gmirror to re-use this disk? I don't know, what
> "broken, skipping" or "error=22" really means.

error=22 might be EINVAL, which means "invalid argument" (taken from
/usr/include/errno.h)...

I would try the following:

1.
gmirror forget gm0
gmirror insert gm0 ad5

and/or

2.
gmirror remove gm0 ad5
gmirror insert gm0 ad5

Maybe I would repeat 1. and 2. 2-3 times... ;-))

I personally never had such problems with gmirror, so that I would guess, that
u still have ill hardware... Maybe the temperature is too high? Do u have
enough fans? Did u measure the temperature after some hours of heavy use (I
think, smartctl -a show the temperature somewhere...)?

Synchronization should start then automatically...

-Arne