Date:      Tue, 10 Oct 2000 21:06:31 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Andrew Gallatin <gallatin@cs.duke.edu>
To:        jdp@polstra.com
Cc:        alpha@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: can read return MORE than you asked for?

jdp@polstra.com writes:
 > > Note the return value of read -- 2x what we asked for!
 >
 > Ah, but you're on an Alpha, where everything is twice as big. :-)

Heh.. ;)

But I think I fixed it -- the world is getting safer for
serial consoles..  -- spewing that crap takes for-ever on a serial
console!

gallatin    2000/10/10 18:01:54 PDT

  Modified files:
    sys/alpha/alpha      mem.c
  Log:
  kmem transfers were being double-counted due to a missing continue.
  This silences the dreaded "swapinfo:cannot read blmeta_t" messages at boot.
  I'm really suprised there were no PRs open about this...

  Revision  Changes    Path
  1.32      +2 -1      src/sys/alpha/alpha/mem.c

Drew