Date:      Wed, 4 Dec 2002 14:00:45 -0500
From:      Jake Burkholder <jake@locore.ca>
To:        Oliver Blasnik <oliver.blasnik@de.tiscali.com>
Cc:        freebsd-sparc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: pci quad hme ethernet card

Apparently, On Wed, Dec 04, 2002 at 10:06:13AM +0100,
	Oliver Blasnik said words to the effect of;

> Hi Jake,
>
> > The pci qfe quad hme ethernet card is now supported in -current.  If you
> > have one of these cards please update your system or try the
> 5.0-20021202-SNAP
> > snapshot available on ftp2, and let us know if it works for you.
>
> I'll update and tell you the results. Is it based on the patches you posted
> in the list? If yes - these didn't work for me (or: the t1/105). But I'll

Hmm.  Yes its a similar patch with some other changes.  The netra is a
very quirky box, so it may be that additional hacks are required.  Please
send dmesg output if you have any problems.

> give it a try (and also take a look if some kind of quirk entry did it into
> pci.c for checking at least func00 and func01 of a slot to get the dual
> hme working at the 105's).

I've had conflicting reports as to wether this actually works.  We've
tried a hack in the MD code to deal with the missing function 0, but
appparently there are still phy problems that stop the interface from
working.  I'd like to avoid adding hacks to the MI pci code to support
devices that don't follow the PCI spec, and we can't really do this so
late in the release cycle without a good idea of how it affects other
platforms.

Jake