Date:      Mon, 11 Feb 2002 16:18:56 -0800 (PST)
From:      Mike Kephart <mjkeppy@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   Recent breakage in gnome-terminal paste size

Hello,
    I've noticed a "bug" in recent versions of gnome-terminal where doing a
paste (middle button) of a selection is truncated at 1023 or 1024 characters.
I think this happened after cvsup'ing ports around mid-January.  Originally I
noticed this when pasting a selection from one gnome-terminal to another
gnome-terminal.  But I found I could paste a slection from a gnome-terminal to
a plain old xterm just fine (without truncation).

    Thinking this was induced by library updates using portupgrade, I completed
rebuilt all ports last weekend after a fresh cvsup.  Unfortunately, I still see
the very same problems.

    Do you see this?  Is this specific to FreeBSD?  Please advise if there is
somewhere you'd recommend reporting this.

    -MikeK