Date:      Tue, 4 Nov 1997 23:01:30 -0600 (CST)
From:      "jtkipp@students.wisc.edu" <jesse@foo.bar.com>
To:        hlwong@asiapac.net
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: dual boot with 2 IDE HD

On Tue, 4 Nov 1997, Kris Kirby, KE4AHR wrote:

> Wong Horn Lim wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >  I have a win95 PC with 2 IDE hardisk (both 1.2G), can someone tell
> > me how can I have dual boot where the first disk boot up win95,
> > and second hardisk with FreeBSD. Or, can i just allocate 800M
> > of my second hard disk for freebsd, so that i can have whole
> > first HD and 400M from second HD for my win95,(because of
> > all win95 application HD sucker:) )
> >
> > hlwong
>
> Install Booteasy. [usually use Partition editor in FBSD sysinstall]
If you want to keep 400 megs out of the second HD for more Windows
storage, and the Hard Drive is already partitioned, you can use a freeware
utility called FIPS to create a second primary partition. I just used FIPS
a couple of weeks ago, and despite the (obligitory) ominous warnings, it
is very easy to use and safe, and if anything goes wrong, you can undo the
changes and try again (or give up and pay somebody to try again...)

Good Luck!
Jtkipp@students.wisc.edu