Date:      Tue, 6 Mar 2012 17:54:25 +0100
From:      Alexander Leidinger <Alexander@Leidinger.net>
To:        Vick Khera <vivek@khera.org>
Cc:        emulation@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: errors running powermta in linuxalator

On Tue, 6 Mar 2012 08:39:24 -0500 Vick Khera <vivek@khera.org> wrote:

> 2012-03-06 08:33:24 -1 MB memory detected (-1 MB usable)

Do you have linprocfs mounted in /compat/linux/proc? If not: it could
be that this software tries to get this info from there.

> 2012-03-06 08:33:25 Startup error: Error starting thread: Error
> binding to unix socket /var/run/pmta/command, status = ENOENT

Please run this software with ktrace (instruct it to record the info
for childs too), and use the linux-kdump package to decode the resulting
file. It should print out what the program tries to do in the kernel.
Maybe you can detect something which could explain what it tries to
do regarding the socket, and in which place.

> Also, is there some technical reason that the linuxalator base is x86
> and not available in 64-bit variant?

Nobody did the work to make this work. Well... someone at least
started 1-3 years ago, but I don't know how far he got and what
prevented the inclusion into the official tree.

Bye,
Alexander.