Date:      Sun, 24 Jan 1999 03:39:48 -0500 (EST)
From:      David Abdemoulaie <raven@dabdemou.campus.vt.edu>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   error using extended dos partitions

Hi,
I am having trouble using my Extended DOS partitions with FreeBSD 2.2.8 I
read in the back of the little book that came with it how to do it by
typing "mount -t msdos <device here> <mountpoint>". I'm positive I'm
putting in the appropriate values, but just to make sure I've tried every
single one. Every time I try to mount it I get the following message.
msdos: /dev/wd0s2
Jan 24 03:32:37 dabdemou /kernel: mountmsdosfs(): bad bpb
Jan 24 03:32:37 dabdemou /kernel: mountmsdosfs(): bad bpb

I've tried using every device in the /dev folder just in case I'm wrong
about which one it should be.. and still no luck. I know that there isn't
anything wrong with them because they both appear fine in Windows 98. Oh,
they are both FAT32 extended dos partitions, in case that makes any
difference. Thank you for your time.

David Abdemoulaie