Date:      Thu, 10 Apr 1997 11:54:25 +0800 (WST)
From:      Adrian Chadd <adrian@obiwan.aceonline.com.au>
To:        Tim Tsai <tim@futuresouth.com>
Cc:        dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: multi-user adduser

I was about to say that :)

The best way would be to write a script that took the relevant
information, and appended it to a file (somewhere not world-readable:)

Then every 5 minutes cron another script to run that goes though each line
in the file, extracts the info, and runs adduser -batch per line.

Then delete the file. :)

Again, there might be some race problems (say youre about to add something
or half way there when the script decides to add the users)..  obviously a
little thought is needed.

Anyone? Or am I going to have to implement what I suggested (again? :)

Cya

--
Adrian Chadd			| UNIX, MS-DOS and Windows ...
<adrian@psinet.net.au>		| (also known as the Good, the bad and the