Date:      Fri, 13 Jun 1997 07:29:19 -0500 (CDT)
From:      "Paul T. Root" <proot@horton.iaces.com>
To:        guelph@tpts5.seed.net.tw
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: (no subject)

In a previous message, Gordon Wang said:
> Dear sir
> When I started the x-Windows in FreeBSD 2.2.1,
> I found the login windows has no scrollbar.
> How can I activate the Scrollbar?
> Thanks for your help
>
> Gordon

In an xterm (which is what I assume your talking about), Control- Middle
Mouse Button will give you a menu. The first item is scroll bar.

Alternatively, when you start an xterm term, add the -sb option to the
command line. Or edit your .Xdefaults and add
xterm*scrollBar:        True

Paul.

--
"She really wasn't my type - a hard-looking, untalented reporter for the
 local cat-box liner; but the first second that third-rate representative

    -- William W. "Buddy" Ocheltree of Lilburn GA top honors submission
       to the 12th annual Bulwer-Lytton contest for bad fiction,