Date:      Tue, 7 Apr 1998 13:53:40 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Robert Jackson <d055633c@dc.seflin.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Problem with laptop and X-windows

Hi, I'm using freeBSD 2.2.5-RELEASE with an Acma laptop (Pentium 100 32
Meg ram, 1 gig HDD. 800x600x64k max display) I'm trying to get X-windows
(XFree86 3.3.2)configured correctly.  I have the display parameters
(refresh rates, dot clock, syncs and such) to the point where I can load
and use X no problem.  The problem comes up when I exit.  It doesn't seem
to want to switch back to text mode.  I just get a blank screen. Similar
to what happened before I had the display setup for X correctly.  Has
anyone had this problem with a laptop?  tech support at Acma seems kinda
dense when it comes to this...

Robert Jackson
d055633c@dc.seflin.org