Date:      Thu, 20 Mar 1997 18:03:31 -0500
From:      "Richard J. Linane" <Typh0on@concentric.net>
To:        Doug White <dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 2.1.7 ports collection packages

Doug White wrote:

> On Wed, 19 Mar 1997, Richard J. Linane wrote:
>
> > I am trying to install any of the programs in the packages
> > distributions
> > from a dos partitian
> > to a 2.1.7 freebsd partitian
> >
> > all the files in both distributions I have manually changed the first
> > letters in the file names to a lower case as per Walnut Creek Tech
> > support
>
> Eh?
>
> > >While I am booted in bsd 2.1.7 I enter /stand/sysinstall
> > >I then go to install from the post installation selection and select install packages
> >
> > I back out of bsd and reboot uder dos
> > I have copied the file index
> > in uppercase >>INDEX<<
> > and in lowercase >>index<<.
> > always with the same error
>
> Don't use sysinstall.  Get the system set up, fetch the packages, and use
> 'pkg_add' to add the packages.

Doug,
In addition or appending the previous question I had sent to
you.........Is mounting a dos partitian the solution I am looking for
to copy files from ms-dos to bsd for installation of packages programs?

If this is so could you tell me how I can achieve this.

Thanks again,
Rich Linane
Typh0on@concentric.net