Date:      Tue, 03 Jul 2012 08:51:55 +0100
From:      Arthur Chance <freebsd@qeng-ho.org>
To:        Lars Eighner <luvbeastie@larseighner.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Tweetless

On 07/03/12 07:04, Lars Eighner wrote:

> Call me crazy, but it seems that since the perl bump (5.12 ->
> threaded-5.16)
> when firefox (13.0.1,1) got rebuilt, it seems twitter pages do not fully
> load, give me the slow loading banner, and the page (not browser or X)
> freezes, but no such problems were evident before, and twitter seems
> entirely normal in Opera 12.00.
>
> FreeBSD noos.larseighner.com 8.3-RELEASE-p2 FreeBSD 8.3-RELEASE-p2 #0: \
> Thu Jun 14 10:31:16 CDT 2012   \
> toor@noos.6dollardialup.com:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/NOOSJUNE12  amd64
>
> I'm guessing weirdness in Firefox 13.0.1,1.  Many other sites (Facebook,
> Google Maps, Google, Bing, etc seem to be normal.
>
> Is anyone else noticing something of the sort?

I rarely look at Twitter so can't comment on that specific site, but if
I'm loading multiple pages at once my FF goes catatonic for a while,
with the tab busy indicators not changing, no network traffic whatsoever
shown by the ethernet switch blinkenlights, and no response to clicking
on tabs. After a while it clears and goes on normally. I can't say for
certain this is FF though, as my network connection was recently
upgraded to VDSL, so I'm still trying to see if other networking suffers
hangs. (But it doesn't seem to.) When I get time I'll try another browser.

uname -a:

FreeBSD fileserver.home.qeng-ho.org 9.0-RELEASE-p3 FreeBSD
9.0-RELEASE-p3 #2: Tue Jun 19 16:27:01 BST 2012
root@fileserver.home.qeng-ho.org:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC  amd64

pkg_info -I firefox-\*:

firefox-13.0.1,1