Date:      Tue, 15 Apr 1997 18:24:08 +0100 (BST)
From:      Chris Dabrowski <chris@vader.org>
To:        peter@spinner.DIALix.COM (Peter Wemm)
Cc:        chris@vader.org, committers@freebsd.org, freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Current unassigned ports problem reports

In a previous message, Peter Wemm wrote:
> Chris Dabrowski wrote:
> > In a previous message, FreeBSD bugmaster wrote:
> >
> > > o [1997/02/20] ports/2778 ports    New Port: Version of traceroute which pr
> >
> > Any chance of getting this port committed? It's a version of traceroute that
> > shows AS (network) number of each hop. Pretty useful for ISPs to debug
> > gated/routing type problems:
>
> Perhaps we should we update the src/contrib/traceroute to this version?
> This one appears to do lots of things the current version doesn't,
> including mtu discovery etc.

Even better. :-)

If everyone agrees to this, then I can convert it from a 'port' to a
'contrib'. I just have a couple of questions on how to do this:

Do I commit against my local CVS repository and then mail the diffs to
somebody?

The version of traceroute in 'contrib' already has a vendor branch. Can
CVS handle two independent verdor branches or do I set up a new directory?

Cheers,

Chris
--
Chris Dabrowski