Date:      Fri, 12 May 2000 07:31:20 -0400
From:      Will Andrews <andrews@technologist.com>
To:        Conrad Sabatier <conrads@home.com>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ports/18357: Xswallow port, final version (promise!)  :-)

On Thu, May 11, 2000 at 11:04:40PM -0500, Conrad Sabatier wrote:
> Just wondering if there's anything more I need to do to get this port
> committed.  Been about a week and a half now since the original
> submission.
>
> If it still needs work, or has just been outright rejected for some
> reason, please let me know.

As you and MANY (the number is probably in the hundreds or so) other people
have had such suspicion that the ports team somehow "rejects" ports, let me
take a second to assure you that "outright rejections" are rare as most of
us are usually willing to work on a port in order to normalize it, if
necessary. Besides, if someone rejected your port, oh well, there's around
100-125 ports committers. The email above would best have been addressed to
a particular committer with possible interest in your port. Just do
yourself a favor and leave out the part about "outright rejection".  ;-)

(this message written by a committer who created 50+ ports and to date
maintains some 74 ports, or at least tries to. ;-)

Anyway, I had some interest in your port when you submitted it, but at this
time I have a 2.5hr physics senior final to take that starts in about 30
minutes. Other people probably have similar excuses these days.

--
Will Andrews <andrews@technologist.com>