Date:      Mon, 17 Jul 1995 20:35:29 +0900
From:      Atsushi Murai <amurai@spec.co.jp>
To:        cp_nairn@cc.utas.edu.au
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: more ppp problems

Carey Nairn <cp_nairn@cc.utas.edu.au> wrote:
:Looks like the ISP is sending keepalive packets from his end and I have
:requested that this is disabled.  If I connected to another ISP the idle
:timeout works fine.  The problem with the idle timeout for me at the
:moment is that iij-ppp on my side detects the inactivity locally and
:brings down the local side of the link (effectively stopping
:communication with the rest of the world) but doesn't hang up the modem.
:This means that the modem has to be manually disconnected before the auto
:dialup works again.  Is it possible to force the modem to disconnect
:after local inactivity when in auto mode ?

Should be hang up. Please check your modem setting.. Whenever Equipment
Ready goes off, should be drop the line. (i.e. AT&D2)

:Carey Nairn                     ! email : Carey.Nairn@its.utas.edu.au
:Networks and Communications     ! phone : (002) 20 7419
:Information Technology Services ! fax   : (002) 20 7898
:University of Tasmania.         !

Atsushi.

--
Atsushi Murai                                         E-Mail: amurai@spec.co.jp
SPEC                                                  Voice : +81-3-3833-5341