Date:      Tue, 24 Dec 2002 11:53:30 +0000
From:      Rob O'Donnell <robert@aphnet.co.uk>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: email addresses used for lists [was: L0phtcrack]

At 15:46 23/12/2002 -0800, Kurt Bigler wrote:
>on 12/23/02 3:34 PM, Kenzo <kenzo_chin@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> > And for using hotmail account....Computer 101, never
> > use your real or company e-mail address to post on forums,  just attracks
> > crackers.
>
>I currently create a new email address for every category of mailing list
>that I join.

For web use, I use a throw-away free-ISP account (which lets me pop mail from
anywhere!)  which hands out email addresses in the form
anything@account.isp.co.uk
- whenever a web sites asks me for an email address, I use their domain name
in front of the @ - nothing to set up my end, and I know immediately whenever
I get spam through that isp which web site gave it out.  (Thank you, Paltalk..)

I sort of forgot for this mailing list....

Rob