Date:      Fri, 9 Jan 2004 08:24:25 GMT
From:      msch@snafu.de
To:        Ganbold <ganbold@micom.mng.net>
Cc:        freebsd-ipfw@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ipfw on a bridge

Hi,

> I also have bridge ipfw2 on FreeBSD 5.2-current.
> And following rule passes arp requests.
>
> # pass ARP
> ${fwcmd} add 3000 allow layer2 mac-type arp

This is exactly what doesn't work here :-(

Would you tell me your related sysctl-values and kernel options?

Mine here are: (/etc/sysctl.conf)

net.link.ether.bridge_cfg=fxp0,fxp1
net.link.ether.bridge_ipfw=1
net.link.ether.bridge=1

and:

options         BRIDGE                  #bridge-ability
options         IPFIREWALL              #firewall
options         IPFIREWALL_VERBOSE      #enable logging to syslogd(8)
options         IPFIREWALL_VERBOSE_LIMIT=100    #limit verbosity

Thanks so far - Matthias