Date:      Thu, 12 Apr 2001 13:55:43 +1000
From:      Kal Torak <kaltorak@quake.com.au>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: nVidia Cards /w FreeBSD (3D Acceleration)

Ok, so far we have 3 possible paths to take :)

1) Group mail thing, with your cards serials etc send to nVidia
asking them to please pretty please port there drivers to FreeBSD
(Since they cant give us the source for legal reasons)

2) Individual mails to nVidia asking the same thing...

3) Port the kernel module and use linux compat for the rest...

Well lets do all 3 :)

Who has a decent connected web server we can host this mail thingy
on? And who is willing to co-ordinate it?

Looking on the nVidia site, they dont really give a mail address we
should post to for this sort of thing... So unless someone knows a
better address mail should goto info@nvidia.com (Corporate Office).
The only other addresses I could find were for investors (we buy there
cards are we *investing* in them ;), the press and jobs...

Can we simply port the kernel module? I dont have the skills in that
area, so if it can be done hopefully someone is willing to do the tech
stuff... Anyone?

Allright, anyone have any other ideas or things to add? Lets get the
ball rolling on this asap :)))