Date:      Sun, 07 Mar 1999 23:22:09 -0800
From:      gummibear@we.mediaone.net
To:        chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Anyone Read March's MicroTimes Issue?

Hey all,

A while back some Linux guy wrote Microtimes with a bunch of "Open Source
Software" advocacy and that "Open Source" is great and that Freenix was
great.  Only one thing bothered me.  He pretty much only mentioned Linux.

This type of advocacy would lead one to believe that Linux is the only
"Open Source" operating system around.  Well, I guess I had to do my duty
as a pro BSD user and flame him in a nice way. :)

Check out my letter.  I hope I didn't say anything untrue about BSD
history.  I  lifted most of the information off of other articles and stuff
that I found at www.freebsd.org/press.html and other sites.

I was surprised to get almost a whole page.  This is the first time I've
written a Computer Magazine and got something published so I'm sort of
excited. *grin*  Maybe this could be a start for some more advocacy? :)

Catch you all later,

Joey Garcia