Date:      Wed, 14 Jul 1999 15:10:39 -0400
From:      "Allen Smith" <easmith@beatrice.rutgers.edu>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org, ipfilter@coombs.anu.edu.au
Subject:   IPFilter improvement: Kernel hacker's assistance needed

Hi. I'm trying to add support for "keep state" with "fastroute" in the
IPFilter code. Guido was going to be helping me with this, but he's on
vacation until August 1st. Anyone willing to help? I've got code that
should do it, but it keeps having kernel panics (Fatal Trap 12: page
fault while in kernel mode) when it goes into the fr_check code. I
suspect I'm dereferencing a null pointer or some such - not unlikely,
since I'm not much of a C programmer (I far prefer Perl, and am not a
professional at programming to begin with - I'm a geneticist).

	Thanks,

	-Allen

--
Allen Smith				easmith@beatrice.rutgers.edu