Date:      Wed, 21 Apr 1999 11:08:36 -0500 (EST)
From:      Alfred Perlstein <bright@rush.net>
To:        Justin Milliun <jmilliun@mcdonnellassociates.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: I'm Still looking for freeBSD source

On Wed, 21 Apr 1999, Justin Milliun wrote:

> Hello,
> I am still looking for some way to get freeBSD source.
>
> My problem: I have only a Windows 98 machine now.  I have
> a set of Walnut Creek CDs, but they, like the ftp site, have the
> source as split-up files, compressed.  I've tried, but my attempts
> to concatenate and un-tar have not succeeded.
>
> This would be really easy if I had a BSD machine, but I don't.
>
> So, is there a place I can ftp actual source code?
>
> As an alternative, does someone have a freeBSD site I can
> go to log in and read the source code?

here's 2 sites you'll want to visit:

www.cyclic.com
www.cygnus.com

cyclic has CVS tools for windows, and cygnus makes the supporting
tools for the cyclic tools.

you'll want to get some sort of CVS for windows and point it at
one of the FreeBSD.org cvs servers.

this would be the ideal way imo.

or look at:

ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/development/FreeBSD-CVS/src/

this seems to be the freebsd CVS tree accessable from ftp,
you'll still need the tools available from cyclic to make
sense of this.

now.... why do you want FreeBSD source code, but not FreeBSD
installed on your machine?

-Alfred