Date:      Sun, 29 Jan 2006 14:37:00 +0300
From:      dima <_pppp@mail.ru>
To:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Sun StorEdge availability

I'm planning to purchase a Sun branded server to run a database application. The problem is external storage connectivity. Sun provides 2 options:
- Fibre Channel (Dual Channel 4Gb FC PCI-E Host Adapter)
- SCSI (Single Channel Ultra320 Differential SCSI PCI Host Adapter)
FC is the preffered option for me. But as I've read in 6.0 hardware notes FreeBSD supports LSI Logic FC cards only. So, I have two questions:
1. Will I be able to use Sun's FC card on FreeBSD 6.0?
2. Sun's SCSI card if the answer to the first question is "No"?