Date:      Sat, 19 Feb 2005 20:14:33 -0800
From:      Joaquin Menchaca <linuxuser@finnovative.net>
To:        freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ASP alternatives?

Tyler Gee wrote:
> I believe there is an asp module for Apache (mod_asp).
>
> I have never used it and don't really know if it exists but it gives
> you somewhere to start searching.
>
> -wtgee

Yes.  That is the target open source project your looking for.  The
starting point is go-mono.org.  If they Mac OS X implementation is
native, I would imagine this would compile easier, given that Darwin
borrows heavily from FreeBSD.  Otherwise, the Linux emulation might work
as well.

For ASP.NET related material chech out the following URL:

  http://www.mono-project.com/contributing/asp-net.html

The mod_mono module can be downloaded in source form at:

  http://www.go-mono.com/archive/1.0.6/mod_mono-1.0.6.tar.gz

Note that mod_mono works with both Apache 1.3 and 2.0.  The XSP is a
lightweight web server written in C#.

Best of Luck.

  - joaquin