Date:      Thu, 02 Nov 2006 09:27:26 -0800
From:      Maxim Sobolev <sobomax@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Daniel Eischen <deischen@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        Ruslan Ermilov <ru@FreeBSD.org>, "current@freebsd.org" <current@FreeBSD.org>, julian@elischer.org
Subject:   Re: libpthread shared library version number

Daniel Eischen wrote:
> No, in -current we force people to recompile everything.  Plus
> we have symbol versioning in the libraries most likely to be
> effected.  If we bump, we should enable symbol versioning at
> the same time.

I don't see any reason to wait. Remember, we don't support
backward/forward binary compatibility for binaries compiled for -CURRENT
anyway. The only reason for this bump is to allow binaries compiled for
-STABLE to run on -CURRENT, which is not currently possible in the case
when binary uses pthreads lib.

-Maxim