Date:      Tue, 29 Sep 1998 17:38:36 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Woodchuck"  <djv@bedford.net>
To:        dorin@puma.chaski.com (Michael Dorin)
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: decode something that looks like a patch file?

Michael Dorin wrote:

> I got a file that is a collection of source files which looks like it
> was generated by patch or diff or something.
>
> How do I decode that?
>
> -Mike

Uh, with your Cap'n Woodchuck decoder ring? [ sorry, couldn't resist...]

There's just too many things it could be. Mail me the first few
dozen lines, and I'll give you a diagnosis.

Maybe trying "file name-of-the-file" will tell you enough.

Dave
--
       Will hack for cabbages!  Every day is Groundhog Day!