Date:      Sun, 3 Nov 1996 23:51:07 +0100
From:      se@zpr.uni-koeln.de (Stefan Esser)
To:        ks@itp.ac.ru (Sergey S. Kosyakov)
Cc:        hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: SCSI CDROM

Sergey S. Kosyakov writes:

> After "eject" command my CD ejected, but SCSI controlled dies:
> ncr0: restart (ncr dead ?).
>
> ncr0:0: ERROR (80:4) (8-0-0) (0/13) @ (420:878b0000).

This is an unexpected disconnect.
Did you eject the CD while the drive was active ?

> ncr0:6: ERROR (80:41) (e-aa-0) (0/13) @ (438:1e000000).

An SCSI parity error is reported.

> And only reboot can reanime the controller.
> I use NCR PCI under FreeBSD-2.2-960801-SNAP on P-120 Triton box.
> Does anybody know why NCR die off ?

Please let me know, what kind of CDROM drive you
are using (best if you send me a boot message log).

And please give more information about the exact
situation that caused this problem: How was the
CDROM used, how was the eject initiated ?

Regards, STefan