Date:      Tue, 11 Jul 2006 14:00:45 -0600
From:      "Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC" <chad@shire.net>
To:        =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Erik_N=F8rgaard?= <norgaard@locolomo.org>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: IMAP server alternatives

On Jul 11, 2006, at 12:35 PM, Erik N=F8rgaard wrote:

> It seems that dovecot wins the votes - but does it support virtual
> domains? Any tips on migration?

That all depends on how you store your user data.  It is not  dovecot =20=

or courier issue.  I have both courier and dovecot working in =20
parallel on the same mail store.  The dovecot is currently just for =20
testing and the courier is in production (for the last 4 years or =20
more).  We store the domain as part of the user name in a custom ldap =20=

database and courier and dovecot have no issues interfacing with it =20
with the proper config.

Chad

---
Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC