Date:      Thu, 21 Dec 2000 18:53:22 -0800
From:      Alfred Perlstein <bright@wintelcom.net>
To:        Gilbert Gong <ggong@cal.alumni.berkeley.edu>
Cc:        SteveB <admin@bsdfan.cncdsl.com>, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Sitting on hands (no longer Re: FreeBSD vs Linux, Solaris, and NT)

* Gilbert Gong <ggong@cal.alumni.berkeley.edu> [001221 18:45] wrote:
> > It would just make pitching FreeBSD and other open OS's in the
> > enterprise a lot easier if there was an QA process that official
> > releases went through.  Also volunteering to QA would be a good
> > training ground to gain familiarity with a OS and a chance to
> > communicate with developers.
> >
> > Steve B.
> >

> This is a good idea.  I wouldn't mind being involved in a program like this
> (volunteering for QA) if something can be organized..

What would extremely helpful would be a port that basically installed
a bunch of utilities to stress the system into a chroot enviorment
and ran a regression suite doing things like faking a large news
server, serving a lot of http content etc.

It would be helpful if the port was two parts, one for the test
box and one as a client for the test box.

Just some ideas for direction if you guys want to pick up the ball here.