Date:      Fri, 13 Jun 1997 12:53:44 GMT
From:      Dejan Djukic <beaurat@circpc5.epfl.ch>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   appletalk - how to set?

Hello everyone!

- I have installed 2.2.2-R from the scratch, everything is fine with it.

- It is connected to the Internet over an Ethernet cable.

- The same cable carries the traffic of an Appletalk net.

- There is a LaserJet printer connected  to the Appletalk net.

I should like to send documents from my FreeBSD machine
to the LaserJet on the Appletalk. I repeat, they are both
physically on the same cable.

I have seen the appletalk/nettalk option in the LINT kernel
configuration, so I need to recompile kernel.  (I need to
recompile it for other reasons, too)

Once I have the kernel done, what should I do then?

Put something in /etc/printcap ?
Put something in /etc/inetd.conf ?
Start a daemon?  (I see there exists ntalkd,
but still I do not really know what to do)

All help is welcome.

Bora