Date:      Thu, 18 Mar 2004 16:09:50 -0700
From:      Joe Lewis <joe@joe-lewis.com>
To:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   [Ports] PBX OpenSource - asterisk -

Running FreeBSD 5.2 RELEASE (very nice), I was excited to find a port
for asterisk, an OpenSource PBX.  I made/installed the port, and did the
standard configuration to work with my iaxtel.com account (a 1-700 number).

However, when I tried to run it, I ended up with a segmentation fault :

[... lots of output...]
[codec_gsm.so] => (GSM/PCM16 (signed linear) Codec Translator)
  == Registered translator 'gsmtolin' from format GSM to SLINR, cost 1
  == Registered translator 'lintogsm' from format SLINR to GSM, cost 5
 [codec_mp3_d.so] => (MP3/PCM16 (signed linear) Translator (Decoder only))
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

gdb only listed :

Reading symbols from /libexec/ld-elf.so.1...(no debugging symbols
found)...done.
Loaded symbols for /libexec/ld-elf.so.1
#0  0x2953ff53 in unpack_huff () from
/usr/local/lib/asterisk/modules/codec_mp3_d.so
(gdb)

Did I forget a library?  Is there something I may have forgotton to do?
(A port should take care of any other packages, but ports for an
additional package may not exist yet - any hints would be most efficacious).

If I can talk any responders into replying directly to me in addition to
the list, I would appreciate it.

Thanks,
Joe