Date:      Tue, 28 Mar 1995 19:31:15 -0500 (EST)
From:      Jeff <jeffh@Cybernetics.NET>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@freefall.cdrom.com>
Cc:        Nate Williams <nate@trout.sri.mt.net>, hackers@freefall.cdrom.com
Subject:   Re: MBONE interfaces and snazzy install tools.

On Tue, 28 Mar 1995, Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:

> "bloating", as Terry and Paul T. would put it, of /usr/src).  This
> means that perl is fine and libforms are fine and libdialog/dialog are
> fine, etc.

What version of perl will ship with 2.1?  If it is version 5, then I will
port Pearl Vision over to FreeBSD, which is a pretty slick pearl
extension that puts dialog to shame (IMHO).

Dialog is cool, but it just leaves a bad taste in my mouth for some reason.

One thing that I think would be ultimately cool is a progress bar for the
package installations.  Maybe by hacking some of the common tools it
would be possible to get them to relay information to the install as to
how far they are in the stream.  I don't have a whole lot of experience
in this area, so if I'm suggesting the impossible just tell me so.

What is forms/libforms?  I've never heard of it/used it before.

Jeff

-- Jeff Hoffman -- jeffh@cybernetics.net -------------------------------------
"A man facing the light looks not into sorrow, but to to the future...always."
                WWW: http://www.cybernetics.net/users/jeffh
PGP Public Key available on request.