Date:      Thu, 3 Jun 1999 10:12:48 -0400
From:      galewis@ca.ibm.com
To:        aic7xxx@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   SCSI detect fails

I have a 4-way SMP box which currently has RH 5.2 installed. I want to install
RH 6.0 to take advantage of the SMP support. However, whenever I try to install
it is unable to detect the 2 Adaptec 7880 (2940) devices. This is strange since
I was able to install RH 5.2 with no problems at all. Has anyone come across
this problem and if so how did you fix it?

Thx,

Garfield A. Lewis                              <mailto:galewis@ca.ibm.com>
DB2/NT Performance                    (416) 448-3438  T/L: 778-3438
IBM SWS Toronto Laboratory
<http://w3.torolab.ibm.com/~garfield/garfield.html>;
External E-mail                                  <mailto:glewis2088@aol.com>