Date:      Sun, 14 Nov 1999 11:36:49 -0500 (EST)
From:      Stan Brown <stanb@netcom.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org (Free BSD Questions list)
Subject:   rwhod permissions question, please

	I have a small home network with several FreeBSD machines on it. Most
	are at 3.3, but the gateway machine is still at 2.8.

	Lately I have started noticing the follwing errors in the syslog of the
	2.8 machine:

	Nov 14 10:07:54 koala.fas.com rwhod[135]: whod.brown: Permission denied

	koala is the 2.8 achine, and brown is a 3.3 machine. i am also geting
	similar error messages relating to some non FreeBSD machines on the
	network.

	I can rlogin from koala to brown & vice versa.

	So what is this message trying to tell me? Which machine is denying
	which permission? And why? How do I correct this?

	One other data point is that if I do an ruptime on koala, it does not
	report statistics for brown.

--
Stan Brown     stanb@netcom.com                                    404-996-6955
Factory Automation Systems