Date:      Tue, 4 Jun 2002 22:38:37 -0300
From:      Mario Sergio Fujikawa Ferreira <lioux@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Joe & Fhe Barbish <barbish@a1poweruser.com>
Cc:        Pete Fritchman <petef@absolutbsd.org>, ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Port: qpopper-4.0.4

On Tue, Jun 04, 2002 at 09:22:58PM -0400, Joe & Fhe Barbish wrote:
> Well thanks for the side bar info, but lets get back to
> the point of the original email.
>
> Why is the qpopper http Administrator's Guide not
> included with the FBSD port.
> It's part of the original distribution and explicit
> action had to be taken to drop it?
>
> Can the qpopper port be updated to include the
> http Administrator's Guide for version 4.4?

	Well, it was not included since documentation was never
included with qpopper FreeBSD installation. Therefore, we were just
trying to uphold POLA.

	Nevertheless, I've just added an option WITH_DOCUMENTATION
so that you can install documentation. I've set the documentation
to be optional because:

	1) previous POLA
	2) it is in PDF format
	3) no one has asked for it before

	Therefore, I think we have a good compromise. :)
Those who want can install the documentation. By the way, I could
not find a html version of the pdf guide anywhere in the qpopper
distfile.

	Regards,

--
Mario S F Ferreira - DF - Brazil - "I guess this is a signature."
Computer Science Undergraduate | FreeBSD Committer | CS Developer