Date:      Sun, 06 Feb 2011 21:50:43 +0100 (CET)
From:      sthaug@nethelp.no
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: IPFW and IPv6 packets with fragment header and last frag only

> > Does anybody have an idea of whether the patch in kern/145733 will be
> > incorporated into ip_fw2.c any time soon?
>
> That PR is mine.  I've emailed people off list several times (last on
> 25 Jan) but have not made progress.  To say I'm frustrated is an
> understatement.

Getting this fixed is necessary to have FreeBSD ipfw work properly
with IPv6.  As it is, I'm dropping perfectly valid IPv6 traffic on
my name servers, e.g.

% grep 'Feb  5.*Invalid Fragment Header' /var/log/messages | wc -l
      16

Let's see if requests from more people will change things.

And for the FreeBSD committers: What can be done to push a needed
patch along (for those of us without commit privileges)?