Date:      Thu, 26 Feb 2004 16:38:02 +0100
From:      Alex Dupre <ale@FreeBSD.org>
To:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Makefile.local

What's exactly the purpose of Makefile.local? I ask you this because
today I received some messages complaining that ports ignore WITH_ and
WITHOUT_ knobs placed in Makefile.local. It doesn't seem to be the
correct way to set knobs, since that makefile is included only after
bsd.port.pre.mk (and usually ports check for knobs before it), but many
users seems to do it in that way. So, if this practice is incorrect we
should clearly state it so users stop complaining, otherwise we have to
fix a lot of ports.

--
Alex Dupre