Date:      Tue, 5 Oct 1999 08:25:10 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Alex V P <alex@neptun.big-blue.net>
To:        J McKitrick <jcm@dogma.freebsd-uk.eu.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ISP connections problems

i used to work for an ISP and most of the dialups were disconnected for
idle time after 15m. my solution was something like:
ping -i 60 xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx where xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx is the router of the isp.
it was working 99% of the time.In most cases that was happening in the places
where dialups were going on ASCEND MAX routers.
maybe this will help
alex