Date:      Tue, 7 Dec 1999 15:55:35 +0200 (SAT)
From:      Rob Hunter <robh@uunet.co.za>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   machine hangs while accessing nfs share

Hi

I'm having a bit of a problem with an nfs share I'm moving files to. Every
time I start moving them, the box dies within between 1 and 3 minutes.

I've tried mounting it as follows:

mount_nfs -o intr,soft some.machine.where.it's.shared:/vol/share
/destination

I've also tried using the following:

nfsv2
nfsv3
mntudp

and also with plain old:

mount_nfs some.machine.where.it's.shared:/vol/share /destination

I've tried grabbing the latest source for stable (which is now 3.4rc) and
still, the machine just hangs after a while. This is when I'm moving files
off a local disk and onto the share.....

Any suggestions would be appreciated, even my windows box is more stable
atm :(

Regards

--Rob