Date:      Fri, 15 Sep 2006 02:05:14 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "R. B. Riddick" <arne_woerner@yahoo.com>
To:        Oliver Fromme <olli@lurza.secnetix.de>, freebsd-geom@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: gmirror size question

--- Oliver Fromme <olli@lurza.secnetix.de> wrote:
> PS:  I think that hint should be mentioned in the Handbook
> section about gmirror.  It could prevent major foot-shoting.
> Comments?

Hmm...

I would say, if one buys a new disk, that is 1 sector too short *giggle*, one
could still try the following plan:
0. single user mode
1. Make a new file system on the shorter&new disk
2. Move the data from the old disk to the new disk (MBR with dd, the rest with
cpio or so)
3. Create a new gmirror just with the new disk as the only disk
4. Add the old disk to the new gmirror
5. Change the configuration in order to reflect the changed name of the
gmirror.
QEF (reboot inbetween whenever it seems necessary)

-Arne