Date:      Mon, 1 Jun 1998 15:22:18 +0200
From:      Harold Gutch <logix@foobar.franken.de>
To:        hm@kts.org, ISDN for BSD <freebsd-isdn@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: i4b not working

On Mon, Jun 01, 1998 at 10:04:38AM +0200, Hellmuth Michaelis wrote:
> The flags specify the type of card.
>
> > Are they documented
> > somewhere ?
>
> man isic

After reading the isic-manpage, i tried the other 2 possible
base I/O addresses, 0xe80 and 0xf80 - I got the following
errormessages when my kernel probed the card:

/kernel: isic0: Error, signature 1 0xff != 0x51 for Teles S0/16!
/kernel: isic0 not found at 0xe80

and
/kernel: isic0: Error, signature 1 0xff != 0x51 for Teles S0/16!
/kernel: isic0 not found at 0xf80

which seems to me as if 0xd80 was correct, as when I specified
it, the card was probed correctly

> I have no ideas anymore what it could be.

At least it's nice to read that you as the author dont know how
to fix my problems - this at least shows me that my problem isnt
really dumb or something which i could have known by myself if i
had read the documentation better :).

> Its time for a detailed debugging session. In case you want to send me the
> machine, i'll do it, otherwise you are the only one being able to fix it.

This is not possible at the moment, as this machine is being used
as a leased line router too at the moment - but as it currently
seems as if i were going to the BP in Kiel which takes place during
the last weekend of July/the first Weekend of August, and, as I
would pass Hamburg then anyways, I would be pleased to visit you
for an afternoon or so and take the box along then too, as I myself
wouldnt need the leased line during that time - of course only if
your time allows this :).
Until then I will just try a new version of isdn4bsd from time to
time or I might see if some friend has another ISDN-card which I
can try out

--
bye, logix

<Shabby> Sleep is an abstinence syndrome wich accurs due to lack of coffein.
Wed Mar  4 04:53:33 CET 1998   #unix, ircnet