Date:      Thu, 7 Dec 2000 18:39:24 -0600
From:      "Scot W. Hetzel" <hetzels@westbend.net>
To:        "Dave Tweten" <tweten@nas.nasa.gov>
Cc:        "Lauri Laupmaa" <mauri@inspiral.net>, <stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: sendmail, rbl & orbs

------=_NextPart_000_002A_01C0607D.05A2AEA0

From: "Dave Tweten" <tweten@nas.nasa.gov>
> hetzels@westbend.net said:
> >NOTE:  orbsbl2 - Hack to limit the scope of rejected open-relays from
> >the ORBS and RBL relays lists.
>
> Okay.  So where would one go to get this hack, since it doesn't seem to
appear
> in /usr/src/contrib/sendmail/cf/hack as a result of a STABLE cvsup of
src-all.

I created this hack, so you would need to obtain the file from me.

Attached is the orbsbl2.m4 file.

To use orbsbl2.m4:

1. Save the file to /usr/src/contrib/sendmail/cf/hack and/or
/usr/share/sendmail/cf/hack
2. add orbsbl2 to your sendmail.mc file, before the DNS BlackList you wish
to restrict.

    HACK(orbsbl2)
or
    HACK(orbsbl2, `/etc/mail/openrelay')

    NOTE: By default it uses /etc/mail/open-relays for a list of IP
addresses to look up in the dnsbl lists.

3. add IP addresses to check in the /etc/mail/open-relays.  The list can
contain the IP address of a open relay, or the first 3 numbers to check the
entire class C for open relays.

    62.157.114.202
    62.160.146

Scot

------=_NextPart_000_002A_01C0607D.05A2AEA0

divert(-1)=0A=
#=0A=
# Copyright (c) 1998, 1999 Sendmail, Inc. and its suppliers.=0A=
#	All rights reserved.=0A=
#=0A=
# By using this file, you agree to the terms and conditions set=0A=
# forth in the LICENSE file which can be found at the top level of=0A=
# the sendmail distribution.=0A=
#=0A=
#=0A=
=0A=
divert(0)=0A=
ifdef(`_DNSBL_R_',`dnl',`dnl=0A=
VERSIONID(`$Id: orbsbl.m4,v 8.18 1999/08/03 04:30:56 swh Exp $')')=0A=
divert(-1)=0A=
define(`_DNSBL_OPENRELAY_', =
`ifelse(len(X`'_ARG_),`1',MAIL_SETTINGS_DIR`open-relays',_ARG_)')dnl=0A=
divert(8)=0A=
# Selective IP Address Check=0A=
R$*			$: $&{client_addr}=0A=
R$+			$: <@> $1		mark it=0A=
R<@> $=3D{openrelays}	$: $1			match? remove mark=0A=
R<@> $-.$-.$-.$-	$: <@> $1.$2.$3		check netblock=0A=
R<@> $=3D{openrelays}	$: $1			match netblock? remove mark=0A=
R<@> $+			$@ OK			otherwise: ok=0A=
divert(-1)=0A=
=0A=
LOCAL_CONFIG=0A=
# List of Open Relays by IP address or netblock=0A=
F{openrelays} _DNSBL_OPENRELAY_=0A=
=0A=

------=_NextPart_000_002A_01C0607D.05A2AEA0--